April 26, 2018
Role and responsibilities
We are recruiting an Experienced Peptide Chemist that can work independently and in collaboration to perform complex laboratory and research-related design of peptides.
Job will include the following duties:
- Demonstrates technical proficiency and scientific creativity in Peptide synthesis.
- Design of peptides including modifications, bioavailability and efficacy validation
- Managing stability protocol
- Development of the drug design and formulation collaborating extensively with your R&D counterparts
- Expert knowledge of the dynamics of a peptide – Physical and Chemical
- Implement and perform workflow cascades for peptide engineering projects that include molecular design, folding and biophysical characterisation.
- Routinely generates innovative ideas, systematically evaluates pioneering technologies and implements those that add value.
- Knowledge around toxicity of peptides
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Molecular Biology. Substantial relevant experience may be substituted for PhD requirement.
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience in pharmaceutical research and development desirable
- Skilled in recombinant native peptide production and design
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills to seamlessly fit within a teamwork driven environment.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of complex scientific procedures with technical proficiency.
- Proficient in cell culture techniques.
- Knowledge and experience around cyclization of peptides and peptide binding
- Natural ability to problem solve
- Hard worker
- Exceptional organisation skills and ability to optimise working environment
- Demonstrated capability in project management & building relationships.
- Possess excellent communication skills
- A team player with strong influencing skills.
- Ability to communicate with experimental biologists, computer scientists and non-scientists
How to apply
Submit your CV and Cover letter in a PDF format to email@example.com
Please label your CV according to the following example: James_Smith_CV
Please label your cover letter according to the following example: James_Smith_Cover_Letter